From:
Kim Brakefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:26:26 -0400
Hello everyone. My name is Kim and I live in Florida. Back in
September, but estranged husband and his girlfriend, came to the condo
he and I own and stole 11 of my 12 ferrets, then took them to Alabama,
where I was informed they were sold and one was "accidentally" killed
by being slammed from a truck door, then thrown away like a piece of
trash. It was absolutely the worst day of my life. For a few months,
I was always told nothing could be done because he and I are still
technically married; however, I do have a stolen property report, after
emailing the Chief of Police from the city in which I lived, and he
forwarded that onto a corporal who filed the report. Sadly, the state
attorney won't press charges against my husband or the girlfriend,
which is mostly ok because I care more about getting my kids back than
dealing with my "almost-ex" and his girlfriend. But - after posting on
Craigslist in December, someone emailed me saying he had one of my kids
(only allowed to post four pictures, he had one of the four), though he
wouldn't give back my Ringo. He did give me the first name and phone
number of the guy from whom he purchased my Ringo. I now have that
person's name and address, but Daphne, AL police won't do anything
claiming it's because Florida won't press charges. I disagree but I'm
not in the legal field. I do not understand why the detective cannot
question the kid who has my Ringo or the guy who allegedly sold them.

If anyone knows someone in Alabama who can help, please let me know.
Just because the state attorney won't file charges against my husband
does NOT mean they can't question the guy who sold them, especially
since there is a stolen property report on them down here then sold in
another state. If anyone knows an office or someone in the legal field
who can help me, please contact me at my email address:

Thank you so much!
Kim.