From:
Jessika Tischleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:08:54 PDT
FMLer's:

Recently I haven't had much time to keep caught up on my FML readings.  I
have been really busy finishing school, moving, starting a new job, planning
a wedding, taking in two more fuzzies, and caring for Daisy.

First of all, I would like to thank all those of you who replied with
helpfull hints and thoughts on Daisy.  Last time I posted, she looked like
she was going to pull through because she actually started eating again.

Little did I know that was her last effort to say goodbye.

Scott kept insisting that I "ease her pain" but the vet kept insisting that
I keep giving her fluids and the medicine prescribed.  None of us knew,
untill it was too late, that she had two samll tumors on her adrenal glands
causing the letharagy (sp).

I realize that some of you suggested that's what it could of been, since I
said that there was little swelling and that she was a Marshall Farms
Ferret, but the vet examined her and felt nothing.  She told me to give it a
week and then bring her in for an ultra sound if she wasn't better after
taking the medication.

Well, she wasn't better, and by the 5th day, her blood sugar level dropped
too low and she started having seizures on the way to the vet office.  Scott
and I decided (after the vet confirmed that there probably wasn't anything
left to do to bring her back to normal) to put her to sleep.

I said my goodbyes very teary-eyed as she shook in my hand.  They brought
her back in afterwards so I could hold her one more time.  She looked so
peaceful and relaxed - no more pain.

We miss her so much, she was our first ferret.  And the little ones miss her
too, always looking around for her.  We have many pictures and great
memories to share.  Everytime one of our little ones, Piper or Smokey, does
something Daisy did, Scott and I just look at each other and remember our
first little fuzzie, Daisy.

I have decided, that with all that is going on, to take a break from the FML
(I have such a slow server) so that I can spend more time with the 9 month
year old twins.  For instance, I could be outside walking them right now
rather than sitting in front of my computer (nothing against the great work
that you do here Bill).

When the wedding is over (Sept.  6) and I have settled in my new job and
home, you will probably see me again lurking - until then - thanks for
everything!

Thanks Again!
Jessika (and Scott)
Piper & Smokey
Dedicated in the Memory of Daisy

                            \\\///
                         \\  - -  //
                          (  @ @  )
| Jessika Tischleder                                      |
| E-mail: [log in to unmask]                            |
| WWW:    http://www.stcloud.msus.edu/~tischj02           |
                         oooO   (   )
                          \_)