From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:30:59 EST
You might have known her as the FlowerChild.  I knew her as Lola, my tiny
white shadow and precious little friend.  Sadly Lola lost her battle with
lymposarcoma and I really miss her.

Lola was deaf and didn't really enjoy other ferrets but constantly sought
me out with her eyes and with her feet-- padding behind me wherever I went.
She was a real mothering little ferret and loved to groom my eyebrows and
kiss my face.  Affection was in constant supply.

The last night of her life, when I knew she was starting to suffer and I
had to do the most difficult thing, I dreamt that she died in her sleep.
I suppose I hoped that she would show her love for me one more time by
sparing me from having to put her down.  But she was still with me the
next day and I knew it was my time to mother her.

She was without a doubt the sweetest little ferret I have ever known and I
miss her and will miss her for a very long time.

[FN]