From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 11:23:27 -0400
HELLO!!

It is a whirlwind here at Ferret Wise!

First and most importantly we send thanks to April Gallaty for a donation
received yesterday from the sayit.com card venture!  We surely appreciate
the support!

Also to Roger, Meg And Melissa-- who have recently ordered new ferret
bedding after spring cleaning-- this helps us to continue our work... and
what 's new?

Well we placed 3 ferrets last week into wonderful families-- attending a
ferret education day in MA on Saturday-- took in another give up and have
successfully placed the give up in a Hopeful new home-- though the
information on this lie\tle one was far from accurate-- the vet history
was fine-- but the socialization information-- obviously lacking.

Lisa is attempting to integrate the shy and pretty gal into her ferret
family-- we are closely monitoring her progress.

We have had several new pre screening appts this week at the shelter and
are hopeful that once the adopt a thon is over on Sunday-- most of our
ferrets seeking new homes may actually have them-- this would be a first in
shelter history!

A generous donor has supplied 6 months of lupron for hospice ferrets Abby &
cage mate Jenny- shelter Mom received it FedEx and furiously flew over to
the treating vets office in Merrimack yesterday! - the gals get the first
injection on Thursday morning-- at ages 7 & 8 respectively this was the
prudent course of treatment Abbigail weighs in at under 3/4 pound!

Our hospice Shadow arrives on Saturday from his hospice home for adrenal
surgery on Tuesday-- we are crossing our fingers as the last kid never made
it home after the surgery two months ago... Shadow has been eating his
vitamin / adrenal soup and is looking fine except for hairloss, In shelter
Hospice Shelter dad is spending lots of time with "Bob" the ferret ( he
prefers Dad's attention), as he is winding down in his fight -- he receives
pred 2x each day- to help with insulinoma which arrived with adrenal
disease ( and also has bladder / intestinal cysts/ tumors) but we my lose
him in the near future... he has had a good life though tons of medical
problems!

Spring really throws us a mixed bag sometimes-- bright flowers, warm
sunshine-- and the parting of our little ones---

A REMINDER that shelter open house hours are : Sat May 6 11AM-3PM and
Sunday May 7 11 AM - 3 PM-- we draw the raffle winners at 2 PM on Sunday--
so if you want to get in on the 15 great prizes email us fast for entry
coupons -- or stop on by!  Winners need not be present-- we will ship via
USP to those who are not in attendance!

Next journey for shelter volunteers with all our bedding goodies and more
will be to travel to N Conway, NH for the Annual Ferret Fun Day held by
Ferret Services of Freedom on Sunday june 4th!  Hope to see you there!!!