From:
will hughey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 20:54:39 -0800
Hi there everyone!  This is Angela, Billy, and our ever growing clan of
fuzzies here with another bad biting problem.  Awhile ago, we had a problem
with our big boy Ludo and his blood drawing bites.  He is soooooo much
better now thanks to a lot of kisses and hugs and, well, forced lovins.
("Momma, i am too old for this mushy stuff!  No more kisses!Everyone will
think I am a sissy boy!")

Now i think we have a more serious problem.  We just adopted a beautiful
albino girl who we named Angel.  I am wondering if that is the appropriate
name, now, though!

Here's the scoop.  If I do not go in their room with shoes, she will lunge
at my feet.  The first time this happened, I picked her up and gave her a
scruff.  When I put her down, she went right back to them again and this
time bit hard.  So I went to scruff her again, and she almost maliciously
began grabbing for my hand.  She made contact with my hand and bit harder
than I have ever been bit before.  She was flailing in mid air trying to
bite me again.  I had to drop her.  She scuttled off into hiding leaving
one of her very smelly poots behind.  She has not bitten either of us at
any other time.  Just when I had my shoes off.  What can I do?  I hate
wearing shoes and I don't really want to start, but I fear for my poor
toes' life.  I also don't understand why Angel seems to become so evil in
just an instant.  She is very loving otherwise.  Also, now every time I try
to scruff her, we go through the same ordeal.  It is very hard to get ahold
of her to scruff, and she makes it very scary.  I don't want her to think
that she can get away with this behavior, but it makes me skittish to have
to reprimand her.  I am sure she can feel this.  Perhaps I should start a
line of ferret proof comfortable slippers!  Please help!

Billy, Ang, Quig, Ludo, Angel, Resident Ricki, Tim, and Miss Q