From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:18:22 -0500
The Ferret Nook.  A ferret shelter in Cambridge, Wisconsin, is pursuing a
law change which will add the domestic ferret to the mandatory rabies
vaccination laws in the state.  The Ferret Nook is also seeking a mandatory
quarantine period for ferrets that bite or are suspect of being rabid.
Currently, the law only requires a dog or a cat which is vaccinated to be
quarantined if involved in a bite case.  Any other animal which bites or is
suspect of being rabid, is to be killed and tested, regardless if the animal
is vaccinated.

We would like all the help we can get throughout the state.  If you are
interested in being involoved/informed in our efforts please send me your
name, and address and telephone number.  Also, try to reach out to folks
that are ferret owners but not on the FML and seek their backing.

Thanks........