From:
Sherri Munroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 11:47:07 -0400
Hi all !

First I'd like to make a comment.
I am new to the FML.After one posting the feedback I got was incredible.You
are too numerous to name <you know who you are> I'd like to thank you all
for your insite and quick response to my posting.

I run a chinchilla chat and the message boards(on a major online service).
Idealy I'd like it to be one big happy family.Now I know that doesn't
exist,but you guys sure come close.  :) Thanks...

Ok,I did find a vet here in Rhode Island.I spoke with them about bites or
scratches.I feel a little more comfortable with the fact that they told me
it would have to be a serious bite,and that the ferrets behavior when the
biting accurs is also taken into consideration.  ex. playfull or violent
biting.

Now, for all you fellow Rhode Islanders, I also found out this.

BEFORE you purchase a ferret a permit must be requested from the DEM.There
are three stipulations as follows:
1.Proof of spaying/nutering
2.proof of vaccinations for rabies and canine distemper
3.A waiver must be signed to verify that no children under the age of two
years old reside in the household.  Oh yes,and of course there is a fee.

I have a three and a one year old.
I feel that regulation is absurd !!!
I asked the vet why and she said because it has been heard that ferrets have
mutilated small children.Isn't that also a scare tactic for cats?We don't
need a permit for them do we.And it certantaly does not matter how old your
children are to keep a cat.

I sure as heck didn't know what I was getting myself into when I got
Bandit,but I don't regret it a bit. And I would not give him up for some
stupid legislations.

As it has been said before"from my cold dead fingers"

Sherri