From:
Tyler Nicholas Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:30:17 EST
Amy,
About a week ago my grnadmothers ferret, 4.2 years old, canadian bred
ferret who has had no health issues as well started peing very drak
smelly (when i say dark i mena almost orange) urine.  He was very
lethargic and dehydrated so the following morning we took him to the vet.
He had also peed on himself as you described.  At the vets they were very
worried by his concentrated urine and decided to run a urinalysis.  His
White cell count was extremely high signaling an infection.  THey put him
on a strong antibiotic, Clavamox, which he has been on for the last week.
Third day into his meds, he stoped having such dark urine and is now very
healthy.  Kidney Failure was a possibility however without blood tests
you cant tell.  Something to research.

Sorry ABout your loss.  Loosing fuzzies is very hard.

Tyler Mills