From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:10:35 -0600
Dear FML,
Here's the deal.  I am seeking advice for a sweet foster ferret.  I am the
foster parent of Ziggy, and his little girlfiriend Tatiana.  He's supposed
to be about 7 years old (or so).  Last fall when all the weezils grew their
winter coats Ziggy went bald.  The vet checked his blood sugar, and when
that was O.K.  she decided it must be adrenal, and put him on lysodren,
which he's still taking.  Now his coat is finally growing in, and he seems
so happy, and healthy.  I have read up on adrenal, and realize that he
still has it, and that it will eventually kill him.  My questions are:

Should he still be taking lysodren?
Is there anything else I can do for him?
Should my vet have assumed it was adrenal?
Does anyone think surgery would be a worthwhile option?

I talked to a nice ferret lady named Georgia, and she said that there is
another drug he should be taking to prevent problems with the prostrate.
Any suggestions along those lines?  Please e-mail me directly at:

Thank you in advance.  Dawn