From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 13:00:53 -0600
I have to agree that breeding a jill who has some type of genetic
defect is wrong.  It is unfair to risk passing this defect to the
offspring.  My baby George has a what the vet feels is a congenital
cataract.  He can't see out of about 1/2 of his right eye.  Every time
I see that film, I feel really bad for him and wish that I could be
off some help.  I could have the cataract removed for about $2,000,
but it seems a bit more for something that he ws born with and
probably thinks is quite normal.

In fact, he gets in piles of trouble even with his bad eye.  He is
everywhere.  This morning he decided that it was cool to drive me nuts
by climbing on the kitchen cabinets.  Everytime I set him back down on
the floor he proceeded to run to the couch and jump to the desk then
climb up on the breakfast bar and get into the kitchen.  I must have
yelled at him 7 or 8 times.  The little monster thought it was a great
game until I stood between the couch and the desk so he couldn't jump
across.  Then he got pissed and tried to jump at me.  Of course he had
to have a dreaded "ferret-time-out" for that.

While George is not handicapped by his eye, I don't think that other
ferrets should have to risk not being so lucky.

But that is just my .02.
--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Technology Information Coordinator/Lecturer

"'They do not die for us.  Not for us.  That at least is a blessing.'
He [Robert E. Lee] spoke staring at the fire. 'Each man has his own
reason to die.  But if they go on, I will go on.....If war goes
on-and it will, it will-what else can we do but go on?...And does it
matter after all who wins?  Was that ever really the question?  Will
God ask that question in the end?'"
                                -"The Killer Angels"
                                        Micheal Shaara
"