Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:58:59 -0700
I just read Sukie's post from FML (Dec 20th). We are experiencing
something very similar here in Alberta, Canada. We've lost seven
ferrets so far though now that we know the symptoms and are getting
veterinary treatment sooner some are recovering. They only difference
in the symptoms is that we are seeing vomiting as well. We've been
pulling out our hair trying to figure out what it is. Necropsies
suggest it is a virus but haven't been able to isolate what virus
we're dealing with.

Once I can find the time to figure out yahoo and get on it I'll post
more there.

Barb Hoult
Alberta Ferret Society
President