From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:04:40 -0700
It just had to happen.  A few months back there were a few stories about
3 ferrets being dumped at the SPCA in the Parksville/Qualicum area on
Vancouver Island.  Apparently no one wanted them so the spca became the
custodians.  Chris, one of the staff, felt sorry for the 6 month old male,
and took him home 'just for exercise' for a few days.  Well, you all know
what happened next with him.

She starting asking questions about 'that dooking noise thing', and 'when
do they stop nipping' and 'what does it mean when .....' etc.  The
Parksville/Qualicum SPCA is now getting a daily dose of the fml and I
suppose the rest of the staff are getting daily reports about how Bubba
does this, and how Bubba does that, and here are some really cute pictues
we took of Bubba , and did I tell you how smart Bubba is ......You know
what I'm talking about .  You all do the same thing at your place of
work ... Right??

So that left the momma and her baby without a home.  Sharron said it would
be OK for us to 'foster' the two of them until proper parents could be
found.  Well, I guess I have to report, they now have a loving home.  Ours!

Please take a minute, use your search engine, and maybe send a note to this
SPCA who have joined our ferret community.  They can be found by searching
"Parksville Qualicum SPCA".