From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:48:25 -0400
The selling of a ferret pelt on E-bay is disgusting but a legal thing to
do.  Although none of my ferrets will ever surrender his/her pelt for any
reason it is not unreasonable for a pelt to be produced and sold.

I use ferrets for companionship, pets, what ever, but not everyone has to
use this animal for that.  There are those that keep a pig as a pet and
most of us eat them.  To raise a ferret for the pelt is terrible but is a
legal thing to do.  If a person wants to sell one on E-bay it is legal
and we simply do not need to buy it but the seller has every right to do
what he is doing.  This is America.  We cannot act like Saddam and the
Taliban and Osama by forcing our views onto others even though we find
this most distasteful, a ferret is an animal and can be used as we
choose.

I hate to say those words but it is fact and we must be observant of
reality even where it punctures our grain, it punctures mine but I do
have to give rights to where rights are due.

Gordon and Byte-me
Missing Podo, Bud, Kodo, and Nibble-ed