From:
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:47:30 EDT
I thought I'd post the answer to Joanne's question on the FML in case
anyone else had missed what happened to Tyson, and to Robin.

After filing animal abuse charges against Tyson, it went to the DA's
office.  I had plenty of eveidence that they were Tyson;s personal ferets.
I had a witness stating that his personal assistant told us they were his,
a Petstore that let him shop after hours so he could by his ferrets some
stuff.  And finally we tracked down a news station in Cali that did a
story on the bum and it showed hom playing with his ferrets, (Robin and
Apology) and stating how much he loved his ferrets.

Well the day I got that info I received a call from the assistant DA and
she told me that charges were dropped, there was no evedence that he owned
the ferrets at the time of the abuse and neglect.  I asked her if her boss
was enjoying his new BMW, a hint that he was paid off.  She said she
couldn't comment on that.  she was very upset as well as she believed he
was guilty.  She did tell me that Tyson would be paying a $1000 donation
to the shelter for Robin's care, that his lying assistant Rolls Royce
would hand deliver it.  I told her not to send him, that I just may kill
him for lying about him owning the ferrets.  And since I didn't charge him
he got away with murder also.  It boiled down to Tyson having more money
that brains, and he was on probation at the time and a out of country
fight comming up.  If charged with animal crulity he would have broken his
probabtion and not allowed to leave the counrty.  Its plain to see what
happened here.  I was devistated by the news, I cried for the little
ferret that died from starvation and for brave little Robin's suffering,
most of the city was upset by the result and when he was mentioned at the
Billboard Music award show in Las Vegas soon after, my friend Collen Mc
Carty from Fox 5 News was there, she ws the one to actually file the abuse
charges, she said everyone booed like crazy and the MC was motioned to not
mention him.  This is a man that just spent thousands of dollars in the
topless bars the night before I got the ferrets, yes I have friends in
strange places, lol.  But he couldn't send one of his loser assistants to
buy some food or teach them how to fill a water bottle.  Plenty of water
in his pool's out back, imagine being in a cage with no water and looking
at pools of it just out of your reach?  More abuse.  The funny thing is
the threats I received by his assistant and Tyson lovers, none of them
sounded any smarter that him.

Apology never had a chance, he was DOA.  He rests in a Urn on my mantel, a
sad memorial to ferret abuse.

Robin is still going strong, she is a fighter and she won a fight against
Tyson, she is named after his ex wife, who also lived through an abusive
relationship with the monster.  Robin lives with 4 other ferrets at the
shelter, Repeat is her best buddy and they are always together.  Robin is
so sweet and loves life.  At least now when she passes on she will know
what a good life was, to be loved.  Robin was wanted by many people, not
because they wanted a ferret, they wanted a famous ferret.  She is also on
the 2002 FML's famous ferret's calendar.  She is one of many ferrets that
get abused and neglected everyday.  One of many ferrets that is lucky
enough to be taken in by a shelter and shown what a good life is.  Robin
represents the good things of being a ferret rescuer, a true happy ending.
Robin is not really my ferret but she is everyone's ferret, to all those
who cared about her, and loved her through all of this, just because she
is a ferret, not a famous ferret.  There is one person who I would give
Robin to if I ever had to give her up, that is Judy Cooke, who took a very
special liking to the little albino gal.  Judy is her far away mom, and I
know she is loved by Judy just because!

Sorry this was so long, it brings up so many memories, good and bad.  I,
like Randy Belair did for an abuser she delt wiht, pray for this abusers
death, I'm not proud of it, but I do.  when I hear his name on the Tv or
radio I hope its news of his death or he is in jail for something, he is a
monster on the loose in our world.  He doesn;t deserve to breath the air
our ferrets breath.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter