From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:34:54 -0500
I am so behind on this, not that it didn't mean a lot, its I just
wanted to have the time to sit down and do it right and no time to
sit down. Still having so many helpers come - not a day goes by that
someone isn't here. The washer is still going non stop but we don't
have the back load like we did. We pull the dirty hammocks and they
never ever have to sit in a dirty cage, maybe not fresh linens daily
but certainly no messy wet, poopy blankeys or dirty toys.

Want to give some special thanks here for the financial support. the
MICHIGAN FERRET RESCUE has really stepped in and cared not only to
contribute to the vet but also realized we have so much expenses not
covered they gave a hefty donation to cover those items too. Helen
Garcia sent a great donation plus a box of toys - its surprising how we
run out of toys - they are a little hard on them. You know some human
kids can have a toy and it looks brand new after they have played and
played with it and kids like I used to be it looks like it was used
before it ever got out of the package from the store........well these
kids take after me I am afraid to say. Such a delight to watch these
kids get possessive (check back on the Rainbow Action Figure album,
new pictures with them playing with the toys and scarffing down those
N Bones).

<http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/milliesa2003/Rainbow%20Action%20Figures/>

THANK YOU Jill Brumley and The Paws to the Wall Gang, you certainly
covered one of the medical procedures . I believe I thanked Helga
Clark before but she's deserving of it again if I didn't. Fran Brown of
Ferrets Are Love is gracious enough to furnish these Thank You cards
going out in the mail. What is cute ZooFerret Sanctuary donated a $1
for every ferret she has in her sanctuary and did that ever run up.
Libby Nelson made a very nice contribution plus she is going to take
the little darling that has trouble holding her head up either due to
ear mites or a back injury but is healthy otherwise. Marie Dreiss
Wilcox who has adopted from our shelter in the past has made a
contribution that brings tears to the eyes.

Now, there have been several who have donated through our paypal
account and hugs to each and every one of you. It is all adding up and
if there are any funds left over, they will go to SOS (the distemper
vaccines) to replenish their funds to be there for the next catastrophe
we go through.

Special hugs to Dean Leon, Bernice Speer, Ardith Raine (which by the
way, that ferret carrying her name is in having her little joy box
taken out today)Bonnie Russell (opps we overlooked naming one Russell)
and Rachael (yes she is also at the vets office today) Harrison,
Rosemary (she's outside playing and not caring what the vet does)
German, Jeffrey Rosenberg and good ole Jackie Hawley who has enough to
take care of on her own but still she helped us get through this too.

WOW, surprise OdoBan sold at Sam's and is a wonderful thing to add to
mop water or to the wash and does it every do great, used it for years,
they are sending us a couple of cases as a donation.

BUT MOST EXCITING. A publicity firm is doing an ad for a vet in New
York........they heard about us and are coming tomorrow to take
pictures of the ferrets to put in their ad (not sure if still pictures
or motion to go into a tv ad). They will be making a "nice" donation to
our vet also.

Is this not fantastic folks. All these people, ferret knowledgeable or
not, jumping on the bandwagon to help out. Of course, a lot of the
credit goes to our secretary, Patrice, for writing letters, calling up
organizations, and Staci in Houston, too for helping her and getting a
lot of those involved.

AND starting not this weekend but by next weekend, we are going to
start releasing the ferrets to homes. Several have requested certain
ferrets WE ARE GOING BACK ON SITE AND MAKE SURE THE RIGHT FERRET IS
SHOWN WITH THE RIGHT NAME.

Thank you all, gee Thanks just doesn't seem enough for what you all
have done. You have to go through something like this to feel the
overwhelming, unbelievable that so many pull together, teary eyed/tight
chest feelings to understand what this all means. I went into this
thinking it was just in our hands and by hook or crook we were going to
save these guys and now to see it turn into a National thing, its just
fantastic.

Millie and her Cleaning Crew
www.Txferretrescue.org