From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 02:40:51 -0800
I'm sorry but I honestly feel the need to say this.  My comments are
directed to Laurel Gilbert.  I cannot understand how you can take the
injuries that your ferret has suffered so lightly.  So far you have told us
about Simmie having ripped off two toenails and now singing off her whiskers
in an unknown accident you want to call an adventure.  Then you seem to just
brush it off by saying "silly ferrets".  This is NOT meant as a flame but
merely as a wake-up call from someone very worried about your ferrets.  You
really need to take these incidents seriously and ferret-proof your entire
home a little better than it is now.  Yes she has survived all these things
without any apparent permanent damage so far but you may not be so lucky the
next time.  I hate to say it but I just wanted to scream when I read your
post yesterday of yet another accident this poor little fuzzy was involved
in over such a short period of time.  Please for Simmie's sake take these
incidents very seriously and go through your home one or more times again to
look for dangers that may be there.  You really need to try to figure out
exactly what happened with the whiskers being singed off because whatever
did that to the whiskers could seriously injure her the next time or take
her life.  It is obvious you love your ferrets by all you have done for them
cagewise and etc..  Now just carry that even further and make sure all
possible dangers are taken care of that can be.  Thank you.

MK