From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 06:10:45 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Marilyn here from Ledoux Hospice, and I'm just home from the July work
party at Ferretwise in Marobourough, NH..

Alicia is one gal that knows how to party hardy.

The day was perfect, sunny, but not to hot, and a gentle breeze. Dino
was on the grill, cooking venison with peppers, onions, and mushrooms
in barbecue sauce. Yum. The aroma of this dish, venison by Greg, was
drifting around as we worked.

We disassembled the carriers, washed, dried, baked in the sun, and
packaged them all up in plastic bags in case they are needed for a
rescue. What ever happens, Alicia is ready.

After the work was done, Sue, Alicia, Donna, Greg, Maurice, and Dino
and I sat down to a meal fit for a king.

Greg brought, besides the venison, two potato salads, one was the
usual, and the other was the Jandris special, so good it makes me
wish I had a doggie bag for my supper, and much to complex to describe.
Enough to say, it was food fit for the gods.

There was a green salad with many vegetables making it a colorful and
tasteful dish, and Dino was cooking his hot dogs at the grill.

According to Sue, Dino is the only one who can cook hot dogs the way
she likes them. I was sitting near her, and the dogs were almost black
on the outside, but they were pink and juicy on the inside. When cooked
this way, they retain all the flavor, and this flavor is not released
until you bite into the dog and it snaps. When it snaps, you get a
burst of flavor that is missing in the boiled or just heated dogs.
Makes my mouth water just writing about it.

Alicia baked her beans, and they were hot and flavorful. After a pot
of her beans, you will NEVER eat the canned variety again.

There were the chips and French onion dip, soda or water, and for
dessert, lemon meringue pie, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter
cookies, and watermelon. The watermelon was at the peak of ripeness,
seedless, and ice cold. This feast was topped off with fudge, chocolate
or maple walnut, smooth and creamy.

Yep, if you missed Alicia's party, you missed a good one.

There were hugs all around before we left, and one of her ferrets came
over to say good by to us. We all picked him up, passed him around, and
had a ferret fix to hold us till we got home.

We were able to view some of Alicia's artwork, she is a very
accomplished artist, and enjoy a day of fun and good company.

There are no people like Ferret People, and those that think different
are missing out on some of the finer things of life.

When I got home, I brought with me, smells of home for all my fuzzy's.
As I hugged each one, they sniffed the familiar smells of what was once
their home.

We are all looking forward to the next get together, and will keep in
touch through the email and the newsletter. Just wanted to let everyone
know what a great fun time we had. We are a small group, but we had
ferret people from Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts there, and
we all had a wonderful time.

Marilyn Ledoux and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.