From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:28:56 EST
Hi All,
It's been a while.  My thoughts and prayers to all ferrets and their people
who are sick and/or who have pass over the bridge.

Not much of a poster, more of a lurker.  We have four ferrets.  The joys
of our lives.  Each and every one of them brings us a different kind of
pleasure.

Purring ferrets, that would be great.  Ours will let you pick them up, kiss
you and then want back down.  We will continue holding for an extra minute
or two and they will kind of look at us and then they let out the great big
sigh, like, OK, if I have too.  Then they will kiss you again and look at
you as to say,PLEASE, I have so much to do! :-)  My favorite time is when
we let them out of their cages.

We have two funnel cages connected together by the funnel.  (1 three story
and a 4 story) They love these cages.  We find things "hidden" in the
tubes.  They will run back and fourth in them and we have so much fun
watching them move their favorite toy or prize to a different spot only
to have another come by and put it somewhere else.

Giving them treats is a fun thing.  I love it when they are licking up
ferrettone and their little eyes are close and you can see tears, yes, I
know they are tears of joy, coming out of the corner of one eye.  It is so
funny to see 4 ferrets trying to drink out of one little hole.  They like
it best this way.  Go figure.  :-)

I don't think it has anything to do with a ferrets age as to how active
they are.  Ours are from the age of 7mos to 14mos.  They are all very
active, most of the time.  Tawny, our oldest is our most docile ferrets.
He is also, our biggest.  Weighs just over 5lbs (winter weight)  Not much
under 5lbs during the summer.  Our gentle giant.

He will be up the most during the summer and sleeps a lot during the
winter.  He gets up, plays for about half and hour and will sleep for 3
and back up again.  I just think it have to do with a ferrets personality.
Sassy our girl (7mos) likes it when she is the only one up.  She will stay
up way past the rest just so she can run around and check out anything she
might have missed.  She si so funny, will be running, then will stop, look
around and then take off running again.  None of our others do this.

Sorry for the long posting.  DOOKS to all from ours.
[VA]