From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:25:49 -0800
Hello!  I just wanted to let everyone know that as of this afternoon,
Whiskers has a new home!  A wonderful woman (aren't they all?  LOL) by
the name of Star (who frequents the FML & APF) came by today and met with
me and played with Whiskers & members of my crew for almost 2 hours!  She
brought pictures and we shared many a fun ferret story ;O)

I got 3 calls in 2 days since I posted - I thank each and everyone of you
who were meaning to call or did call, because this little girl needed a
home!  She had so much ENERGY!  I have to admit, I was quite sad when she
was out the door and we had an empty cage to tend to ;O( I made Star
promise to keep me updated though, plus she only lives a half an hour away
so I'm sure I could convince her to let me visit...teehee!

I did get one email about my boyfriend comment - let me clarify.  Jason
is a wonderful guy and he in no way forced me to place Whiskers.  It was,
in the end, my decision.  I had to prove to myself, and Jason too in the
process, that if I am to do this kind of thing (rescue fuzzies) that I
cannot keep every ferret I rescue - especially such an easy-to-place ferret
as Whiskers!  I need to save my love, money, attention, etc for someone
down the line that needs truly needs me.  A terrible biter, or someone who
needs immediate medical help, for instance.  So this is just to clarify in
case anyone was worried.  Honestly - if I was *really* determined to keep
her, I would have.

On another happy note, I got an email from someone offering to volunteer
(at the GCFA) every other Friday!  WHOOHOO!!!  I hope this follows through,
because after talking to Mary & Norm yesterday I know for darned sure that
we could use her!  Now who's up for helping out Tuesdays???

*hugs n' dooks*

Amy, & the brat pack ;O)

=====
Visit Miya, Nina, Rascal, Jack, Joey, and Koty the doggie (along w/
Jason & Amy)
at their website:
http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/park/9394