From:
Jane Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:31:05 -0400
>And I imagine the conversations that they would have with one
>another, with me. And my life is rich in wit and compassion and
>camaraderie, with joy and sorrow and wisdom.

I also talk to my ferrets and the dogs on a regular basis. I have
assigned each ferret their own voice in my mind. It is based on their
personality and...uhm...level of intelligence. For example there is
Benji. Benji is 4 years old, was the runt of his litter, has a MAJOR
heart murmur that should not of allowed him to live past 2 years of age
and is deaf. We figure that since he is deaf he never heard anyone say
he was very sick and this is why he has done so well. Plus Benji is not
to bright. In fact you could say he was dump as a stump. In my mind
Benji has one of those cartoon dog type voices and his favorite saying
would be "Well Duh!!" to go along with his blank stare! As he runs
about the room he hums under his breath "Dum-de-dum-de-dum".

Then we have Charmant, the oldest female. She is easy b/c she is a
diva. As she stands at the ferret room door looking up and begging for
treats she is saying "Well dahling I AM standing here and you are out
there were the treat bag is. Just what ARE you waiting on?" Use a
southern plantation lady's accent with just a touch of "Yes I am the
boss" and you have Charmant.

Thankfully my children were old enough to understand this was a "game"
by the time we got ferrets! In fact my daughter and I will play this
"game" together at times when she is at the house. So no DSS visits
for us!! Just lots of laughter!!
Jane