From:
Donna Micari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:24:07 -0500
I recently purchased a second cage to leave at my parent's house, so when
the ferrets and I visit for Thanksgiving, I don't have to go through the
hassle of taking apart the huge cage they have at home.  I bought this cage
for $10 at a flea market.  The person had used it as a chinchilla cage, but
it looks big enough for my three ferrets, especially since they will only
use it on occasional weekends.  It has two levels, and is about 3 by 4 feet
wide.

I took it over to my parent's to set it up, and was unsure about what to
put in the tray on the bottom.  My other cage doesn't have a slide-out
tray, so I can't figure out what to do with it.  My mother suggested lining
it with shredded newspaper, but I don't see what the purpose of that would
be, since we were lining the entire wire bottom with carpet.

Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks,
Donna
Jethro, EllieMae, and Gillian (We can't wait to go to Grandma's--she calls
us her Grandweasels!)