From:
Leanne Bochenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:45:49 -0800
Please whomever is still in touch will CJ, please pass this along.

CJ, it's with a very heavy and sad heart that I tell you that Snoop had
to be helped to the bridge this morning. I can't even remember now (has
it been four years?) what name he originally came with all the way from
Vegas to Texas.
 His best friend Sammy (aka: Harry) was helped last year and that was
hard enough. Now, with both of them gone, I feel empty. They were both
such very special boys and took a big chunk of my heart with them.

Snoop had a partial pancreotomy in April of 2005. He started at needing
pred again around June/July (geez, so many with pred hard to keep the
monthes straight). His glucose tested normal on .5cc of pred twice per
day about a week ago. He ate gravy readily and didn't even seem to
faulter. Tuesday evening it was a different story. He could barely
stand and was grinding a little and didn't want to eat his beloved
gravy. I gave him carafate, his pred after he ate what I considered
enough and some sub-q's as he seemed a little dehydrated.

I took him into doc Murrays the next morning, his glucose wouldn't
register on the one-touch. Doc pulled blood, gave him more sub-q,
tagament and a Lupron. He had it rough through the night but was still
willing to eat out of my palm. He slept with me for awhile. I was up
for the 2nd time that night at 4am. He slept on and off on the bed as
long as I was beside him. He would search me out if I left for a
second. So I pretty much stayed by his side the rest of the morning. By
12 pm, he was declining. Little did I know what was really happening.
When I got back from the vets (doc Murray wasn't in today)having him
helped to cross Doc Murray called me with the results of his blood
test. His glucose was high allright, but I never expected the news
handed to me. He had a serum glucose of 1,659.

He was a fighter for sure. Doc Murray didn't/couldn't even fathom how
he made it through the day let alone the night. He should have been
comatose or gone but he wasn't and responded to my voice and everything
I did.

Snoop didn't want to leave, that I know. I think he loved it here and
didn't want to go. I had to make that decision for him and it broke
my hear into a million peices. I was there the whole time, telling him
of rainbow bridge and how he'd see Sammy and they could play together
again. I told him I loved him and stroked his head he quietly passed
from this life to the next to be free from all that he was dealing
with, free from the pain.

CJ, thank you again for trusting me and allowing those two wonderful
boys to come live with us in Texas. I wished they could have both
stayed much longer.

I pass along what happen and how it played out to hopefully help some
other fur kids along the way. Although he seriously showed no obvious
warning signs (with drinking,he was in a cage with 7 others so it was
hard to tell) and it hit fast and hard, at least some hopefully will
learn something. Pancreas failure? Rapid onset pancreites? Of that
we're still not sure. But whatever it was that took my boy, took him
fast.

I just hope no one else has to go through this with their little ones.
Hug those babies everyone as everyday is precious and you'll never
know what tomorrow will bring.

RIP my Snoop dog-e-dog
Momma Loves you now and always