From:
Jen Daggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:19:52 -0500
Akimbo, our 1st male, used to like to dig in his food bowl and then move it
around the cage.  We tried using a heavy crock bowl but that didn't stop
him.  So, we got some heavy duty velcro strips with adhesive of the back.
We put the "loop" section of the velcro on the bottom of the bowl and the
"hook" section on the cage shelf where we wanted the bowl to stay.  Akimbo
still digs in his food once in awhile, I think he's just trying to share
his food with the cats, but he's never managed to pull the bowl off the
velcro.  The bowl can still be pulled out to be cleaned and the "hook"
section of the velcro gets washed with the rest of the cage and the
adhesive hasn't given out yet (we put the velcro on the bowl several
years ago!).  Thought this might be helpful!