From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 22:29:32 -0400
I submitted something yesterday (or way it today?) about my albino ferret
who isn't doing so hot.  She's 6 years old, eatting well, sleeping a lot, but
all of her hair is falling out.

I got word after I sent the message that the blood test from the vet doesn't
look so good.  It might be signs of cancer or a viral infection.

Not that you are a vet but you have been in touch with hundreds of people
with ferrets (since 1987 you said).  Have you ever heard of this? And could
it be something other than cancer or viral infection?  Could it be something
that was transmitted by the introduction of our new puppy?  The symptoms
started at the same time...

I guess I'm just looking for some hope for Vanilla...

Thanks.

[I'm not a vet, and there's little information to go on anyways.  It's
always far better to let the whole FML have at it rather than mailing
it directly to me.]