From:
Laura P McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1993 09:36:14 -0500
Well, putting Charli-girl behind me, I have a difficult question about my other
girls.  My first female, Allie, has gotten really aggressive with the other
females.  She corners Felix (and Charli before we isolated her) and attacks
her.  Now I understand that some squabbling for dominance is normal, but Allie
rips actual hunks of fur out of Felix's neck!  Poor Flixy ends up looking like
a victim of a miniature vampire.  These fights usually take place where we
can't rescue Felix or discipline Allie (ie in the couch) so we have to stand by
in agony.  One time when I reached in to pull Allie out of the couch, she bit
me very hard (lots of blood).

For now, we're running the girls separately, but I wondered if anybody else has
had such an incorrigible critter?  Any suggestions?  We would hate to give
either one of them up (Allie is totally civilized at all other times).

On another note, someone asked me for details on the California initiative to
legalize ferrets.  If anyone has the information, I would appreciate a repost
or mail message to [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Laura McDonald & the Zoo