From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 19:51:31 EDT
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Hairball Laxitive: How often << if need be >> do I use this stuff and how
>much??

I give each ferret a 1-inche ribbon of laxative 3 days a week.  This is
more or less based on Deborah Jeans' book - which is the best ferret book
I've found.

>Ear Cleaning: same question, how often and such??

I clean their ears when they get a bath - approximately once a month.

>Nail Clipping: How long should they get before I need to clip them??

Check them weekly.  I usualloy have to clip them every 2 - 4 weeks.

>Where is the best place to find Bitter Apple.  Have asked around but
>haven't been able to find it yet.

Most pet supply stores should have it.  Check the Dog section.

>We only have the one right now and I KNOW that it will be only time before
>ferret math kicks in so how long should we wait before introducing a new
>brother/sister to our first baby??

Because they are so social (and so much fun in groups of 2 or more), I'd say
the sooner the better!

>How often do we wash bedding and the fuzzbutts themselves, I have seen so
>many different opinins on this one so I have to ask anyways!!!  Is baby
>shampoo alright to use or do I need to get a ferret only shampoo??

Don't bathe the ferrets any more than once a month or their odor will be
increased and they may get dry skin.  Change the bedding once or twice a
week.

I would imagine baby shampoo is OK, but don't know for sure.

Kim and The Dynamic Duo