From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2008 15:16:08 -0700
This is how it happened. I was watching a movie and after about an hour
Earl my albino came up to me and I noticed a spot of blood near his
eye. I fully examined him and set him on the floor and he was fine. He
wandered up the back of the couch and that's when Fitch limped towards
me. I picked him up and he was soaked with his own blood. A wound the
size of a golf ball stretched from his armpit down his side. It was
deep too, I could see muscle and bone. I ran up the stairs ,got the
carrier,put him in it and went out the door. No bra or shoes. I was so
scared and freaking out I didn't even think if the other two were hurt.
As I was driving towards the emergency vet I called and they denied me
due to him not being a cat or a dog. After the 3rd try a vet across
town in Henderson agreed to take him. I got there in 30 min breaking
most of the traffic laws. I ran inside and there was no one there. I'm
yelling and screaming" someone help me". A lady came out and hugged me
through her own tears and said that some one was there that they were
just in the back. Finaly a girl holding her cell phone came out of an
exam room and set me up with paperwork. After the techs and docs talked
to me I signed a rundown of the prices and was sent home. I told them
price didn't matter.

That's when I started investigating the bloody scene and checking all
the other animals at home. I followed the blood to a cupboard we have
under the stairs that as of last week held our camping gear for our
trip next week. I found a plastic fork and a metal knife with spots of
blood on it behind our kitchen gear. I believe he unzipped the cutlery
pack and got cut ,then got stuck ,there was a lot of blood, a poo, and
blood was smeared in a side to side fashion. I think he struggled, went
up stairs ,unbelievably,then back down to find me.

I have him separated from the others in his own little cage and he's
on Clavamox and Metacam.

Fitch is my Canadian 1.5 year old ferret. In his young life he's had
lots of adventures. Namely an abdominal testicle surgery. He got out of
our old apartment for 3 days and now this. If theres trouble to find
Fitch is the ferret to find it. I'm still freaking out and in shock.
Keep Fitch in your thoughts tonight and every night this week till he
gets his staples and drain taken out. And hug those babies
tight.

Kristina Borgstrom