From:
John McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 19:25:06 -0400
Hi there,
Well a few weeks ago I was given 2 more ferrets (a male albino and female
sable).  Well i found them a good home.A family with 3 kids and a dog.Then
something aweful happen.  The dog went into convultions and I was calle dto
the families house to watch the kids at 11:00 pm so they could get the dog
to the vet.  I walked over to see the babies that I gave them and i noticed
that the male ferret that weighed 3 lbs when i gave them it now looked the
same size as my 1 1/2 lbs little girl.

I was worried sick.  So when the family came home ( without the dog He was
put to sleep) I had to tell them the bad news about their sick ferret.  I
offered to take him to the vet.  But they said they would.  That was last
tues.  Well they missed the vet appt on wed.  then again on fri.  I was sick
with fear that this little guy was not going to make it.  So Mon, came and
they took it tto the vet.  (a very bad one i must say) and the vet said i
can run some test that will cost 750 and i will not garentee that i will
know what is wrong with dizzy(ferret).  So the family called me in tears and
said we cant loose another animal please help.  So i took him to the vet
today.  He was severly dehydrated and his urine was bright orange and his
poop was black and tar like.  This vet said she wasn't sure what the problem
was it could be the liver (due to the urine and poop colors) but she wanted
to keep him for 2 days to see what she could do.  Well she had to sedate him
and we were both scared since he was so week but it had to be done to insert
the I.V. cath. in his jugular vein to get liquids and food to him.  Well
she called about an hour after i left and said he is awake and doing ok .

I need all your prayers to pull him through this and hope that all goes well
in the next few days.

Sherri
and the gang
* To bite or not to bite that is the question.*