From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:39:01 -0500
Dear Kristina,

I love this time of year, because even at the Bridge, we celebrate the
coming of autumn. For as long as the eyes can see, there are fields
full of trees all in splendid fall colours ..... lush, bright gold's,
fierce, fiery reds and soft, glowing oranges .... there are also dozens
and dozens of fur kids barrelling and tunnelling through all the leafs
that fall and make the ground every bit as colourful as the sky line.
It was here I would be found, but not by my dear brother Hobbes, but
by a lovely cat named Lunna.

She had a sparkle in her eye, and a sad mournful look upon her
beautiful face. She politely introduced herself, and asked if I were
Pie O' Pah, to which of course I said yes, but I knew that her purpose
here was not one of joy, but one of sorrow.

"Who are you here for Luuna?" I asked.

"I have come to ask you to please take me to the Bridge, so that I
could be there for both my mom as well as for my fuzzit brother Ivan."
She said.

I remembered Ivan right off, because when Fitch went missing around
this time last year, it was Ivan who sent up many, many prayers of help
to get him home. Ivan asked with his whole fuzzy being for his brother
Fitch to come home safely, and we, in return, sent quite a few Guardian
Angels to help find him, and we did, and as everyone knows, he was
reunited with his warm and wonderful and very loving mum!

It was most difficult to hear that Ivan was on his way, and so, without
further ado, Luuna and I headed off towards the Bridge. Along the way
other fuzzits joined in, many carrying small, brass lanterns so that
our path would be well lit and we could signal others to come and join
us on our travel. We are never greeted alone, but always by a rather
large business of fuzzits. And even if there are no family members
waiting here to be part of the greeting process, we come anyways
because we all know that there are often time fears to allay,
saddnesses to comfort and surprises to share for the newly arrived ....
and as a Greeter, I have found that when one is surrounded by that
love, it makes everything we bring with us, emotion wise that is, all
the more easier to handle.

As the group arrived at the Bridge, the sun was almost completely set,
and it glowed a soft amber colour everywhere. The leaves were gently
falling from the surrounding trees and we could smell wood smoke in
the air. The Bridge itself is a very simply thing. It is something any
earth bound person might simply pass by, but here, that simplicity is
there because it is very comforting to those who pass this way. It is
also welcoming and safe and well worn with age, but very sturdy, all
the things we need when we make the trip to heaven.

Under the Bridge runs a gently flowing stream. It is crystal clear and
full of colourful stones and feeds directly into the Viewing Pool,
where we are able to see our loved ones still left on earth. After our
journey here, as we walk over the Bridge, we can hear the voices of our
loved ones urging us to safe haven and new found health. We hear their
sorrows and their prayers, but most of all, we hear their love for us.
This love, this joyful, boundless love, is what makes our journey
here easier. Because love survives any death, it is carried with us
everywhere we go after we arrive, and be seen in a soft glow which
emanates from each and every being here.

When Ivan arrived, he was bathed in just such a light, it was a
peaceful shade of sky blue with lovely white edges and he looked so
majestic. Those dark eyes and that black nose and that white bib, he
was a site to behold I can assure you.

Luuna met him first, and gave him the biggest cat-hug ever. Then one by
one, all those who had gathered did the same thing. By the time Ivan
got to me I think he had begun to feel at home, but he had questions
of course and all of them were about you. Were you ok? Did he remember
to kiss you before he had left? How were Fitch, Django, Earl, Malice,
Cash and Eva doing? I assured him you were all doing as well as can be
expected given that he had just arrived, and that he would be able to
see you as often as he would like simply by going to the Viewing Pool.

Of course you know that *was* our very next stop after his greeting,
and he was running so fast I had to fly to keep up with him, but when
we arrived and after he had a assured himself that he could indeed see
you anytime he wanted, he asked me to tell you one thing.

"Tell her I will always love her, and no matter what, I promise then
when she arrives, to finish that lick, lick nip I was giving her before
I left!"

So as you can see, he has arrived, and he is safe, and sound and very
healthy, and missing you of course, and one day, when your time is
right, you will be reunited with him and Lunna, until then, know that
we are looking after the both of them all right?

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah