From:
Tami Torrance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:58:23 EST
Thanks for all the gate help!!

Let me explain what we ended up doing.

We took wide, wood work, quarter round.  Stained it the color of our wood
work.  brad nailed it onto the inside of the wood door way.  (vertically)
so that there was a place to slide the Plexiglas piece into.  The plexi
glass slides straight door to the floor.  The quarter round was cut to
the exact height of the cut plexiglass.  (we used a total of 4 pieces of
quarter round, per doorway) The gate looks so professional and works
great.  The only problem we encountered was the Plexiglas was clear and
the cat ran straight into it and the kids tripped over the gate a few
times.  My answer to that situation was those vinyl window clings.  I
guess it was another way to be festive!

In the end, for a gate that measures 34 inches wide and is 22 inches
high, using the plastic, shatterproof Plexiglas--we spent: $25.00.  for
the plexi- and 10.00 for the quarter round.  I guess it was kind of
spendy, but worth the end result!  (plus, I am glad we spent more, on the
better plexi...with the tripping and crashing into it!)

If any one would like more information on the gates...please email me!

TAMI, GREG, SLOANE, KENNIDEA AND CARSON!
FURTZ: izzy, gabby and annie
FUR DOGS: d.j. and shaggy
FUR CATZ: conway and phoebe
My license plates say: FURTZ........