From:
Tamara Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:22:24 -0700
Hello FML--

I had wanted to post the other day about the outcome of our little ordeal,
but we had computer problems this weekend and are just now back on track.
Many thanks to everyone who replied to our post about little Ginger and
Penny getting into the Allegra capsule and the activated charcoal incident
that followed.

Everyone survived fine and they are back to their curious selves, thank
goodness.  I know that it could have happened to anyone and that ferrets
get into anything, but I never would have forgiven myself if we *hadn't*
pulled out of it 100%.

I've also just read Georgia's posts on her experiment with activated
charcoal.  This had been my first exposure to the stuff and I had never
heard of its use, medical or otherwise, before.  The activated charcoal
that I got from the emergency clinic was already in liquid form and I was
told to mix it with a bit of clinicare (which didn't help the taste,
apparantly).  I was very interested to hear that it also comes in a gel-cap
form.  After this incident, we have added it to our collection of emergency
ferret equipment.

Again, thank you to all who replied; I think I responded to each of you,
but if I didn't, please accept a group-thanks.

Best-
Tamara Stanton