From:
"J. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 01:35:03 EST
Hi!  I just re-subscribed to the list after a long absence.  I have a bunch
o' questions, and will try to keep them as short as possible (and will save
some for future posts).

Took 4 of the "kids" to the vet today for their yearly shots, and two had
ear mites.  We are treating all of them to be safe.  I believe the drops
are called "Otomite" or something to that affect (the bottle is in the
other room and I'm too darn lazy to go get it).  One drop in each ear once
a week for four weeks.  Whew!  Should I be cleaning their bedding everyday,
or do anything different?  I've never had to deal with mites before, so I'm
new to this.

Any fert shows happening in/around NY coming up?  I'm an hour north of the
city, so please let me know of any around the area.

I have that big Midwest cage for my kids, and even though it's poorly
designed, I've added "levels" by using blankets, and have tried to make it
as ferret friendly as possible.  I ordered the conversion kit, under the
impression it was extra levels, but come to find out it's extra RAMPS.
Now, I don't need no stinkin' ramps!  Does Midwest sell extra levels?
Recently I read somewhere they do, but I can't remember where that was.

I'm interested in joining a ferret club.  If someone could email me some
addresses of NY clubs (I'm in Dutchess County) that would be appreciated.
Also, are there any shelters in Dutchess County?

Anyone had bad experiences with ferret Kong (toys) or the Kong for small
dogs?  Mine *love* them, and I've had no problems so far (knock on wood),
but I do supervise playtime with them.  They are chewy, but don't seem to
show any signs of damage.

That's it for now.  The ferrets and I hope you all have a safe and happy
holiday season!

Jaymi + Leroy, Petra, Kirby, Samson, Calvin, and Heidegger!