From:
Wendy C Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 18:52:18 EST
At 02:00 AM 4/4/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Do you have absolute PROOF that Marshall Farms is repacking Biljack under
>their own label?  Seems like that would not only be illegal, but will
>Biljack really tolerate that kind of practice?

I used to work at a pet shop here in Chapel Hill, NC.  I became friends with
one of the BilJac reps that would come to give out samples, etc.  MF is not
"repacking" BJ--BJ actually makes the MF food for them.  The story I got was
that some mink breeder was feeding BJ to his dogs.  Some of the mink started
eating the food.  The breeder noticed a big difference in skin & coat
quality, so he talked to the BJ folks & they started making food for him.
Eventually it turned into food for MF ferrets.  (It's been awhile since I
heard the story, so I admit I may have a couple of facts crossed, but this
is the basic stuff.)

Hope this helps, & if you have any proof otherwise, please let me know & I
can check it out w/ my "contact" if you want:->

Wendy Bollinger
Reeba & Fizzgigg (the new addition!!)