From:
Joe Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:09:17 -0400
"Peachy" wrote:
>I hope "ferret girl" and Brenda that your in a private rental and not in a
>college dorm where you would be irresponsible by having pets where they
>are Not allowed.  It's either your a responsible person or not.  Which
>colleges do you attend that allow "responsible" students to have animals
>in the dorms?

Hi Peachy--
And where do you live that you are appointed judge of what is responsible
behavior for others and what is not?  The last time I checked,
"responsible" and "allowed" didn't have the same meaning.  In fact, in a
lot of cases, they are mutually exclusive.  Sometimes, being "responsible"
means you *must* do what is not "allowed." "College student" and
"irresponsible" don't necessarily go hand in hand, either.  In case you
haven't noticed, there are thousands of ferret owners who live in places
where ferrets are not only not "allowed"--they are "illegal." Are all of
the ferret owners in California, New York City, and other ferret-free zones
"irresponsible" too?  Or just the college students?

Please, let's get back to dealing with ferret issues and stop being so
judgmental of others--whether it's college students, Modern Ferret
magazine, or whatever.

Joe
"Irresponsible" ferret lover in CA
In good company with:  Mandela, Sakharov, King, Parks, Gandhi, Thoreau,
Douglass, Hale, Adams, Revere, Franklin, ..., oh, and the "irresponsible"
college student standing in front of a Chinese tank...