From:
Leanne O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 20:04:20 -0400
Hi All:
An update of the ferret who was thrown from the car and then taken into
Gimmee Shelte.  This is from shelter Mom, Janice:

Sadly, the little one we took in last week who was thrown from the moving
vehicle, has very bad lymphoma.  She has a golf balll size mass in her
abdomen and cannot walk.  She is constantly oozing out poop which has a
very bad odor.  She had negative films for fracture etc. and apparently
was "disposed" of due to the fact that she was already ill.  She is sweet
and loving but going "downhill" very quickly.

It frightens me beyond thinking how anyone of the human species can so
lack a heart, soul, and conscience.  She will not be with us much longer
so no donations etc. are necessary.  I thank everyone for their thoughts
and prayers however.  She likes to ride around with me in the morning
right now and look around.  I carry her in a carry sack while I putter
in the shelter and house.

Again, thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.  I will give her the
best I can for the short while she has.

Jan