From:
Catherine Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:06:34 EDT
I'm really REALLY happy that there is someone knowledgeable about ferrets
working at a Petco.  I have never been to the Petco where you work since,
I'm assuming, its very new.  I've been to the other two and was very
disappointed!  I will probably stop by your store and ask for you the next
time I'm in Vegas.  I'd like to meet you and see your ferrets.  Of course,
I will have to restrain myself from getting another one!

You came across as very defensive which I can understand.  However, there
is no reason to flame Ingrid about what she apparently wrote.  I doubt she
made up stories just to upset you.  Obviously she noticed things that were
not right just I have in Vegas' Petco's...most Petco's for that matter.

Like I said, I'm extremely happy that YOU work at a Petco and know what you
are doing.  I'm sure you do a good job and go to great lengths to ensure
the well-being of the ferrets you receive.

On a final note, the Petco where I used to live in Lawrence, Kansas (anyone
from KS?! Say HELLO to Julie Thornton for me!) would let the Kansas Ferret
Association hold meetings there.  Maybe, if you aren't doing it now, you
can organize ferret owners to come to your Petco once a month for a get
together of some sort.  Just an idea.

Catherine and the clan