From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:15:10 -0400
You answered your own question on why this was posted anonymously Mr.
Killian.  The way some people on the list view what is posted as an
"attack" is the reason I choose to post anonymously.

First: I did not say that any vet said PET STORE ferrets were healthier.
What I did say was that several vets (in the same association) , who are my
animals doctors, said that they felt that very heavy, large ferrets were
not as healthy as the slimmer ferrets.  This was a statement made to me in
passing, the vets personal opinion.  It is not my place to list their name,
address and phone number.

Second: I did not "bash" anyone.  I said I felt the original body style of
the domesticated ferret was being lost in the quest for the largest ferrets
possible.  I did not say and I did not imply that a ferret needs to be
"hormonally challenged" to retain the slim, sleek look that I was speaking
of.  I said that it is hard to find this body style anywhere except in pet
stores.  A ferret could be bigger but still not bulkier and maintain the
slim body style and still not be de-sexed before maturity.

Third: I did not "lash out" at everybody or at anybody for that matter.  I
am not unsure of my self in any thing I said.  I simply said that it was
too bad that private breeders were getting away from the body style of the
domestic ferret ( this is my opinion).  If you look back in the history of
the domestic ferret, in the world of art, you will see the body style I am
speaking of in the paintings.

Fourth: As I said in the beginning of this post you answered the question
of why this was posted as an anonymous post.  What I wrote was not an
attack or a lashing out and I am certainly not "fighting" in anyway.

[MM]