From:
Wendy Godwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 14:40:57 -0500
[Moderator's note: I sent Wendy a note a couple of days ago letting her know
about "Krazy Kritter's" (Matt) post in order to give Wendy the opportunity
to respond.  Here's her response.  You can read Matt's note in yesterday's
FML and this response now and draw your own conclusions.  I'm not trying to
play judge or jury here and past letting both sides have their say, I don't
think a particular private incident is appropriate to discuss here.  BIG]

Bill,

Matthew has no right to post this letter about me because even he doesn't
know exactly what has happened.  I really wish people would take the time to
get their stories straight before passing judgement on other people.  I had
every intention of sending the ferrets to Matthew on Thanksgiving Day.  A
few days before, I gave him my phone number and after that point, all my
e-mail's went unreplied.  He claims he left messages, but I never recieved
any from him so other than e-mail, I had no other way to contact him.  The
day before Thanksgiving, my husband was involved in a very serious accident.
We did not know if he would even make it through the night.  Of course the
last thing on my mind was shipping the ferrets.  He is still in very serious
condition, and today (Dec. 3rd) is the first time I have checked my e-mail
since before Thanksgiving.  I love my three ferrets, and the last thing I
wanted to do was have to give them up.  However, by talking to Matthew, I
felt he would give the girls a good home, but now, through his viscious
gossip, I don't feel he is qualified to take care of any animal.  Instead of
bad-mouthing me, maybe you should be thinking about my two small children
who are very scared for their daddy.  I did have every intention of sending
the ferrets off, and before passing judgement against someone, please find
out the true story.

Bill, if you would please post this on my behalf, I would greatly appreciate
it.  Due to my husband's condition I will not be checking my mail very
often, but I will look for some answer on this soon.  As you can understand,
I do not want my name bad mouthed when people don't know the full story.
Thank you,

Wendy Godwin