From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 08:20:35 -0400
>Besides, as anyone knows, the definition of 'viscous' is, " 1.  The act of
>biting toes through socks.  2.  Any act of play resulting in a ferret bite
>to the webbing between the thumb and first finger of a human.  3.  A ferret
>bite to the nose or lip."

Actually, Bob, I looked it up in Webster's, and found the following:

vis-cous \'vis-kes\ adj [ME viscouse, fr.  LL viscosus - full of birdlime;
viscous, fr.  L viscum - mistletoe, birdlime; akin to OHG wihsila - cherry,
Gk ixos - mistletoe] (14c) 1: VISCID 2: having or characterized by viscosity
<~flow> - viscously adv - viscousness n

--i.e. how sticky is it.

'Course, the "much documented fact" that domestic ferrets are "viscious" is
"viscosus" anyway.....

(Sorry, Bob & BIG, I know it was just a typo, & I may regret posting this
when I wake up 'n my eyes aren't crossing anymore, but it was 1:45 am when I
read that & I just couldn't resist...)

Blessings,
Carla (who really shouldn't stay up just to read the FML when it first comes
out...)