From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 09:24:57 -0400
One cute story.

We put the 4 girls in a 2 story cage.  We put a litter box on the bottom and
"seeded" it.  We put a big bowl of food on the bottom, water bottles on both
levels, and t-shirts on the top for sleeping.

It was fun watching them figure out how to use the ramp.  Some even used the
litter box, though they also used various corners.

But by morning, they had managed to put all the shirts down to the lower
level, put them in the litter box and go to sleep on top of it all!  Four
little faces peered at us innocently.

So we cleaned out the whole cage, put the shirts in the wash, and gave them
clean shirts in a box on the top level.  We also moved the food upstairs.  I
guess it'll take a while for them to figure out what to do where!

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
Serving Northeast Ohio
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html