From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:56:54 EDT
wait.  t. allen was taken off this list?  for what?  speaking their mind?
you have to be kidding me.
[Moderator's note: No, she asked to be unsubscribed and I complied.  I
also sent her a note expressing my regrets and inviting her to check in
again if she feels the FML could ever be of service.  BIG]

i agree with them.  hate me if you choose to, as i know many on this list
will.  i have been continually astounded at the immaturity of many people
on this list.  the stupid and pointless flames.  the bickering.  the
childish behavior.  and the funny thing is many of these are done by big
names in the ferret community.

so i find it quite strange, and quite stupid (for a lack of a better word)
that t. allen has been taken off the list for speaking their mind.  like
i've said, in my time on this list i've seen some horrible examples of
adults going on 12.  and they are still here.  maybe you are exempt from
rational behavior when you're a big person in the ferret community.

so if this whole thing about getting kicked off is true, i'm signing off as
well.  this list has really gotten silly.  that is not to say that every
single issue is full of flames and idiocy.  no.  but when i've either
stopped reading it or skim over most of it i know that it no longer is of
much help.  i've posted in the past asking for help or suggestions and have
gotten no answer (except troy lynn who was kind enough to help me out with
my last question), or one or two.  i find it hard to believe that not one
person out of 3000 or so has not had an experience in what i'm trying to
learn more about.  maybe there is just too much flaming and talk about
marshall farms (*yawn*) to really help out those who need the help.  and
i've noticed that when someone does post looking for help the next issue
is full of "that's not right because it's not what i would do".  perfect
example was the post on the inexpensive ferret.  was it really necessary to
be so harsh?  and please remember something.  there is a difference between
giving advice and flaming.  most of you just flamed.  and i think just for
flamings sake.

i am not posting this to destroy the list as a whole.  there are many
people on here that don't talk much and are really good people.  but like
i said, there are many people who have posted in the past that either
instantly flame (self righteous people are very annoying) or try to sound
incredible above everyone and just come off sounding like idiots.  and
then there are the people who flip out over something and end up posting
misinformation because they can't control themselves (the marshalls farm
thing comes to mind).  i find it hard to believe that i'm the only one who
sees this.  it's a shame that one of the other people that did was kicked
off for voicing this opinion (among other things).

if this isn't posted, fine.  but if i'm going to be silenced for speaking
my mind when it seems perfectly ok for some to do the same thing (with no
punishment), then i want no part of it.

jaymi (who isn't one to care much about ruffling some feathers)