From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 10:51:00 -0500
    Well, it seems that I have become a mom-to-be!  We've been planning on
getting a new addition to the family (a Kitten) for quite some time, but
wanted to make sure we were financially stable first.  Now my husband has
informed me that I can get one as soon as I find one that I *love*!  The
guys at the animal shelter said that I could take Seymour in to play with
them so he can help pick.("He got his shots, don't he?") What great people!
Whatever the choice, I'm anticipating great stress in the Thomas household.
Seymour used to be great friends with a cat, but it was a BIG cat, and they
were allowed to play pretty rough.  A tiny kitten is a different story.  But
I think my little fuzzy will love the company.  Isn't it funny how you
always think "When I get a so-and-so kind of pet, I'm gonna name him
so-and-so and when the time comes, you can't think of any good names?  Any
suggestions?  It will be a girl.
    Does anyone know of some hobby breeders in the San Marcos, Tx.-Austin
area?  We called one that advertised in the paper as "ferret shelter"(I
don't think she was running a shelter, I think she was breeding and trying
to make herself sound righteous).  She wouldn't answer any of my questions
until she asked me a long list of her own.  Then she told me that She
wouldn't let me have-buy-whatever a ferret because my husband was in the
Army!  There were also several other reasons that we would make terrible
ferret owners, but I don't remember them all.  I think we make great owners
and I don't want to call this picky little...woman again when I decide to
get another fuzzie.  Sorry if I sound kinda hostile, but this is the only
breeder around here that I know of.  I don't want to buy from MF again, now
that I know about them , but what am I supposed to do if the other breeders
deem me unfit?
    Also, I'm looking for a good ferret-knowledgable vet in the same area.
Seymour has never been sick and his boosters aren't due til January, but I
need to know where to take him if something happens!
                        Thanx, BARB & SEYMOUR
P.S. Sorry I'm always so long winded! I've never known another fuzzie owner,
and I like sharing my experiences with those who can relate. I have so much
to say!!!

        MOM- Seymour, We're getting you a new friend!!
        SEYMOUR-Is she gonna be like Nala?
        MOM-Kinda
        SEYMOUR- *chook,chook*