From:
Elwin Bullard II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 23:09:02 -0600
I did some research on this a long time ago as we have many HIV+ friends.

Ferrets can carry Toxoplasmosis(sp) but that the incidence of this occurring
is very low.

Masks when changing the litter box are recommended.

The problem of things like colds/flus are only a real problem for people who
are very, very sick; T-cell counts below 500.

Elwin Bullard
Ferrets: Ootz, Possum, Doris and eternally Winnie
Sugar gliders: Myra and Myron
http://home1.gte.net/bounty
http://home1.gte.net/bounty/cemetary1.htm