From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 17:31:19 -0500
People who were issued a Ferret License in New York between 4/1/97 and
9/19/97 will be receiving a refund for the $10 fee.  Nice for my daughter.

Spaying when a female is in heat is possible by some veterinarians and we
are fortunate to have one of them.  Farrah went into heat when she was only
four months old and was spayed and descented successfully but the doctor did
warn us there could have been problems.  Both doctor and ferret did well.

Farrah's 3 now and surprises me with her total winter behavior because we
live where it's warm.  She's gained weight, slowed down, grown more fur, and
won't even walk out on the lanai when it's below 70 degrees!  One year old,
Fannie, on the other hand, appears only slightly phased.  Maybe it's the age
difference or maybe the difference in birth places: Florida vs. Pennsylvania
or New Jersey (wherever Path Valley Farms is).

Alice