From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:34:59 -0400
I know that the writer of the letter which was passed on isn't here, but I
DO wish that the national slurs had been eliminated before posting.  Yes, I
realize that the preson probably meant to just refer to the breeder, but he
generalized in the letter in a way which could be quite a shock to the
folks in Sweden, like Urban, who have worked hard for a great many years to
make that country ferret-knowledable and ferret-friendly.  There are good,
so-so and bad breeders everywhere.  Heck, look at how many situations come
up right here in the states and look at how full Humane Societies have
their hands trying to shut down such people for any time frame.

Recently I have wondered whether some of the cases of ferret math haven't
been "collector" situations.  Please, folks, STUDY about ferrets, read all
the FAQs, know what you are doing beforehand, save for the eventual medical
problems, and THEN assess how many ferrets you can handle without the
numbers impacting on their quality of life.  Ferrets are troll dolls, or
teddy bears, or painted plates.

What scents for the soaps, Ela?  That's something folks with allergies need
to know to decide if they'd buy.

Gail, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT INFORMATION which you posted yesterday!!!!!

Clarification since something is passing around: No, Steve did NOT go on
his business trip knowing that I was worried about my ears.  I didn't tell
him.  Plus, he would have stayed if I hadn't improved, and I would have
told him if I wasn't improving.  (He's a wonderfully considerate soul, and
I am sick but I'm not stupid.) Why didn't I tell him I was worried?
Because he BADLY needed a change of pace.  He's been working 80 (sometimes
more) hour weeks for about 1/3 of a year now, and one of his dear friends
at work died earlier this week in very horrendous motor vehicles accident.
So, today, he will be speaking in Ann Arbor and maybe he can relax a little
and see some things which are new to him, and visit with Niki who is now a
doctoral program student there.  Oh, and I am still getting a bit better
each day, too.  One more thing -- the brains leaking out joke was with some
friends, not the physician.  Isn't it funny how the VAST MAJORITY of rumors
tend to be absolute twaddle.  Tells a person something, doesn't it?

Sukie