From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:39:30 -0700
Hi Kalin;

I read your petition and request for signatures.  I applaude your
determination to help ferrets and I would like to make a couple of
comments or ask a few questions -- as the case may be.

First have you contacted Marshall's Farms(MF) to ask specifically if they
have "cleaned up their act"?  Call them -- they will talk to you.

Don't believe they'll give you accurate information?  OK.  So have you
contacted the authorities who issued the original citations to see if
there are any current violations?

Or do you want us all to hang our indignation on antiquated facts and
rumors?  Now in case anyone is thinking - gee that's mean - let me say
that this is NOT an attack.  I once was right where Kalin is now and I
still have information out there to reinforce the memory that this did
happen - It's a never forget sort of thing.  - thank you to the lady who
made me think more contemporarily (Awww OOOOOOO) - I will always think
of you as a friend, you cared enough about me to make me reconsider my
thoughts.  But I digress - you get more action if you base your
requests/demands/petitions on current events and not historical data.

The sources that you have referred to are over a decade old and what we
need to act upon is current violations and current information.  Many
of us have already acted on what you are listing as the horrors of MF.
It's old news..  it's important info, but it's outdated.

It will be difficult to advance a petition if it seems to be based on old
information and hysterics.  Are there still problems with MF?  Oh Yes.
But you have not addressed these (from what I saw) in your petition.  It
also will be difficult to advance a petition if it seems to be based on
cowardice or fraud.

My other concern is that for a signature to be taken seriously one must
sign their Legal or commonly understood name.  ferretpartier,
ferretskater, wildaboutanimals, wildcyclist, Iwillsignanything, etc is
not a real signature by most standards.  So my comment to the ferret
supporting public - IF you are going to sign a petition or stand up for
a cause please have the fortitude and courage to put your real name out
there so that if it ever comes down to a "push comes to shove - WHO
supports this endeavor", your name will not be lost (thrown out) and not
counted.  Perhaps the people who are down as anonymous did not know that
their name would come up as anonymous.  Bottom line..  if you're going
to stand up for a cause either say who you are or don't bother - you're
just taking up space that someone who will put their identity forward
can use.

I await your new petition with current and accurate information, but I
can not sign this one.  Been there done that..  move on

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599

"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man
will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer