From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 21:17:24 -0400
Hello again.

Thanks to the people that have responded to my question regarding algae in
the water bottles.  I sure appreciate any help I can get.  To answer some of
the questions asked about my question about algae (if that makes sense).  No
I don't put vitamins in the water so that can't be causing the algae to
grow.  Yes the sun does hit the water bottles at some point in the day if
the sun is out.  Yes I do change the water and scrub out the bottles every
couple of days - I have to, the bottles get green even within a few days.
Yes some of the bottles are old, but some are almost new and they each have
the same problem.  I use distilled water, not tap water.  When cleaning the
bottles, I always wipe the top part out with a rag but could never get into
the entire bottle.  I could never figure out how to get the rest of the
stuff out, except that I would periodically use one of those long bristly
brush thingys.  I will try Daniel's idea - filling the bottle up with soapy
water and inserting a paper towel, drain all but a shot glass, shake, rinse
out the towel, etc.  Thanks Daniel.

Please, if someone has any other ideas, they are welcome.

By the way.  I also appreciated some of the comments on the compendium and
Canadians.  More comments would be appreciated here as well.  I have also
not received any replies concerning the heating of duck soup and the like -
does it loose some of its good qualities when it is heated.  Any ideas are
welcome.

Thanks a million to all.

Tryntje Miller.