From:
Pat Baby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:33:32 -0700
I don't agree that hissing is a bad thing always.  I had a little deaf
girl named Dixie years ago.  I taught her to roll over with hand signals,
and then she got a treat.  She thought if she rolled over at something
she would be rewarded, so she would roll over in front of a closed door,
or the kitchen cupboard she played in, I suppose thinking she would be
rewarded by them opening.  Which she usually was if I saw her.  My point
was that she would hiss at them while rolling over.  Sort of a "hello,
don't you see me here!!!"  If she wanted someone to play, she would
ambush them and then hiss.

--
Pat BEby