From:
Carol Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:46:43 -0700
Yes ... every one is completely different from the other.  And upon being
liberated from their cage for playtime, each does the exact same thing,
day after day ...

Isabella - runs to where she has hidden her duck toy, to make sure it's
still there - and if it's not, will spend as much time as necessary to find
it and put it back where it belongs.  If it's in it's place, she begins her
ritual of moving pieces of cat food from their dish to under the kitchen
rug ... later - crunch crunch.  Then before bed, goes and kills the duck
toy once again, and puts it in it's special place.

Slinky - immediately runs to the door that goes into the garage to check
and see if it's ajar ... if not - he runs to the utility room door to see
if it's open ... if not, to the closet door to see if it's latched ... if
not, starts digging at it, even if the other side (slider) is open :)

Squirmy - immediately runs to see if I forgot to pick up the cat water
dish.  If it's available, he immediately flips it and then runs off to
play ... at least for a few minutes, before he begins his ritual of running
back to his cage thinking he's going to get a raisin ... obviously his long
time shelter mom, Kim, trained him well.

Zoey - immediately runs to my feet to see if I have my shoes on.  If I
don't .... ouch!  Then starts hunting for a kitty to harrass.

SpeedBump - immediately runs to the cat food dish - and starts gobbling up
their food like he hasn't been fed in days.  Then begins his ritual - of
running up and down the stairs.

Cassie - immediately does the wildest weasel war dance I've ever seen,
and then climbs to the top of the nearest cage, in hopes I left the tube
of petromalt out ... or the bottle of ferretone ... or the tube of
ferretvite ...

MissLexie - immediately starts rolling and rubbing herself on the carpet -
then begins her ritual of moving pieces of cat food from their dish to
behind the stereo cabinet - into a nice, neat little pile.

All have figured out that bedtime means treat time ... and when the word is
spoken ... BEDTIME!  ... all go running for their cage ... up the ramps to
the top where they hope *they'll* be the first in line!

Carol