From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:35:36 -0700
I 100% agree. If you have to come into California, avoid all
checkpoints. Getting through them is no longer a "piece of cake".
With the good weather, there is no reason not to avoid them.

The last few times we have went through the Ag stations (no ferrets
involved, of course) we went through at night and it was cold. We did
not get searched at the Donner Pass Ag station. However, they have
every right to, and they do come and talk to you, stop you, and if you
say one wrong thing, or they see something they don't like, they will
search the car. Not just with a flashlight - they take everything out
of the car physically. Not fun. And they don't make exceptions when
they find a ferret.

Laryssa